Raina attends a Spanish Montessori school, and it's expensive to say the least. What I'm doing for Raina any father would do, or ought to want to afford to do, which is to find the right academic setting and situation for their child and make the right moves to set their kids up for success. And, success is a tall order indeed.
I was just putting together a dinosaur puzzle with the little "chunk," as I like to sometimes jokingly name her, and I realized how much I will miss her being away at school and doing all of the learning that I could not provide for her outside of the traditional sense of learning, academically and intuitively. She'll be just fine and will get the hang of hearing her teacher, the school's director, giving her directives in Spanish. The language immersion at this young age will give her the experience of being in a place where her first language is not the primary langugage and I want her to experience that right now, because we can't afford to have her go to school outside the country, nor would I want to at the age of 2 (almost 3).
It's awesome to be a father, but to be Raina's daddy is far greater.
15 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment