Okay, so we're riding in the car. I'm sitting front passenger while Tiffany is driving, and for some reason we bring up the fact that Raina happens to be close two people with the same name: Parker.
I slowly (and carefully) explain to Raina that she knows to Parkers, to which she immediately says: "No, I don't!" When you hear Raina negate your arguments or any statements, valid or not, it is just the most hilarious time to have.
Let me get back to the story. We're riding along in the car coming from St. Louis city, and Tiffany and I are almost pleading to Raina that her grandfather Poppi's name is also Parker. In adddition to this, her closest friend is named Parker as well. The big difference is their age. So, we characterize them as "Little Parker" and "Big Parker."
Raina gathers the most stern, serious, stiff face that she has mustered in sheer dismay. She looks to the front of the car almost zoning out and she then says: "Is this a joke?"
To say the least, Tiffany and I were completely blown away by this statement. Tiffany said, and looked to me, "I didn't know she knew that phrase. Where did she learn that?" At a completel loss, I just stupidly shrug my shoulders, but we both decide the best expression of surprise is our laughter. We tell the story now as a nice dinner conversation or in passing with friends whom we visit, and Raina is there with us to back up the facts. She can recite her lines verbatim, she is good with words!
26 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment