Little Steps, One Leap for Green

Please make comments to our blog, and when we are fully utilizing this blog's features, we will be posting a photo slideshow (new and familiar), maybe some video, too.

Powered By Blogger

18 December 2007

Naptime, Naptime...Give it a rest, and then have a snack, jellybean

You know it's funny and wonderful how refreshed you can feel after a break from the noise of a busy life and just have time to settle down, lay out or sprawled on a bed, and drift off into a comfortable rest. We take our naps and play, and play some more. We hit the "hay" at late (and early) hours.

For my daughter, Raina, it has not always been naptime day in and day out. For that matter, I thought that when she started napping I would too. Not the case at all. But, when she sleeps...oh, the relief...you don't always need to run around to feel busy or that you had a full day.

Just recently, Raina has been wondering off to sleepyland around the late afternoon (2-2:30). She's getting older, so she's got better mileage. I'd say the efficiency rating has risen by some 200%. Her MPP, or miles per pound, improved markedly over a short period of 5 months.

And, honestly, I haven't measured her for height for quite sometime, but my weight-scale readings show a whopping...get this folks, THIRTY-SIX pounds. She's a whopper, alright. But don't tell her, Raina hates when I make verbal comments on her physical similarities to food. Oh, and it gets nasty!
  • "Your belly is full of jelly"
  • "Raina bear with the jelly hair"
  • "Smelly cheese Green"
  • "Cheesy chunk"
  • "Your head is shaped like a strawberry, Raina"
  • "Little on-yon" (slurred French accent)
  • "You're shaped like a peanut"
  • "Hey Rai, it's not my fault you have juicy buns"
  • "Now, I going to squeeze the cheese" (followed by squeezing together her cheeks!)

Countless other name-calling terms have been thrown around to taunt and tease Raina. She's definitely not lacking any self-confidence, because of the fact that she rebukes every statement now made against her. Her self-esteem is rock-solid and mountain high. Now, when I make a rude statement about her, she slowly turns her head around and shouts back, "No! Quiet, you phatty!" I guess I kind of desrve it. I'm tired from all the chaos, I'm going to take a nap, then when I wake up maybe Raina will let me have a snack for being so quiet.



No comments: